Sunday 30 December 2012

#walkacrosslagos...You Made The Pledge, We Donated - Thank You

Walk Across Lagos was initially supposed to be a personal quest where I endure and test myself to do a long distance trek. But a number of very special people came along the journey with me by making it a walk for charity which made it even more worthwhile.

In this post, I'd like to give a special a Thank You to everyone that made pledges and redeemed which enabled me make a donation to the Red Cross Society Motherless Babies Home in Makoko, Yaba (Lagos). This then became an integral part of #walkacrosslagos.

For #walkacrosslagos, I had requested N5/N10 pledges but a number of folks pledged and redeemed a lot more than that amount which ensured we were able to cross the target of N100,000 to accumulate a total of N115,000 for the Motherless Babies Home.

In no particular order...thank you guys, you are awesome...


1.  Babatunde Maculay
2.  Funmi Aluko
3.  Damola Giwa
4.  Adebayo Abiola
5.  Kola Fajimoun
6.  Fashina Oyewale
7.  Funmi Aborishade
8.  Femi Ogunyemi
9.  Sharon Udoh
10.  Sakenat Bakare
11. Leye Babatunde
12. Emmanuel Okochu
13. Kunle Adekola
14. Biyi Adeyemo
15. Mosh Adetoro
16. Akeem Adesina
17. Omowunmi Olabaju
18. Tope Wilcox
19. Oluchi Ogwuegbu
20. Lanre Giwa
21. Ayoade Kalejaiye
22. Kemi Oyeyinka
23. Derenle Ladejobi
24. Francis Nwoboshi
25. Emuobo Okitiakpe
26. Chioma Okoye
27. Norense Esekhaigbe
28. George Brown
29. Nkechi Uchendu
30. Chiwetalu Obikwelu
31. Jaco Viljoen
32. Gboyega Akeredolu
33. Akhere Oyewole
34. Lanre Osibona
35. Onyebuchi Akaniro
36. Dipo Alabede
37. Dr/Mrs. Victoria Agboola
38. Iyabo Akeem-Onikoyi
39. Tony and Adekanla Jiboye


Got some pictures below of when we went to Makoko to donate the cheque for the Motherless Babies Homes. 

The cheque made out to the Nigerian Red Cross Society

Jade and I presenting the cheque to Matron and the kids of the Home

Signing the donation register

Completing my name on the receipt

My sister Kemi with some of the kids

JAS

4 comments:

  1. Wow, for real? Yinka you are truly amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome...Was looking for something else when I stumbled across your page. Considering I can't walk to the car without feeling light headed,I'm really impressed. It looks like a painful but extremely interesting way to raise money for a good cause. If you ever decide to do it again then give me a shout cause I would love to see Lagos from a different perspective; and make a difference at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mena, thanks for dropping a comment. It was grueling to say the least but also extremely rewarding.
      I might do Walk Across Lagos or other trails. Will keep you updated

      Delete
  3. Awesome...Was looking for something else when I stumbled across your page. Considering I can't walk to the car without feeling light headed,I'm really impressed. It looks like a painful but extremely interesting way to raise money for a good cause. If you ever decide to do it again then give me a shout cause I would love to see Lagos from a different perspective; and make a difference at the same time.

    ReplyDelete