Thursday 13 November 2014

Walk Across London



When I was thinking of the next city to walk, it had to be London. The second city I’m most familiar with and the second city I’ve lived in after Lagos.

The distance across London I will be walking is approximately 67km…it’s not as long as across Lagos but I look forward to a challenging and rewarding walk. I expect to complete the walk in 3 days starting from Fri 14th to Sun 16th Nov.

As usual, the walk is for fun, discovery and sight-seeing experience while I would like to use the opportunity to raise funds for a charity or two I believe needs support.

For #WalkAcrossLagos in December 2012, with the support of friends, colleagues and family I was able to raise N115,000 which was donated to the Red Cross Orphanage in Makoko, Yaba, Lagos. This year with #WalkAcrossLondon, I am looking to raise N200,000 to be divided equally between two charities;

1) The Red Cross of Nigeria Orphanage in Makoko, Yaba, Lagos

2) The Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy (CECP). They have an on-going campaigning to raise money to buy 37 mobile cancer detection machines. I appreciate their efforts in the fight against cancer.

So, follow the journey via Twitter @alldatjas for updates on how the walk progresses and to know if I made it.

Oh yeah, you can make a donation towards my target on my Gofundme page...or if you prefer to donate via bank transfer to Ecobank Nigeria - Adeyinka Shorungbe, Acct No. 0021379904

Thank you.

JAS

2 comments:

  1. Congrats bro, am interested in joining u for the next walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mobile wallet?

    ReplyDelete